Monday 10 March 2014



One-Layer Simplicity #3 - Just Add Water

  Yipppeee!!! today I'm playing along with two new challenges I just happened upon. Crazy as it may seem this card came about because this morning I was trying out the old wax paper technique now adapted to running it through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder. Anyway after that I brayered the gloss waxed card and then there was a mess of blue dye ink on my plastic sheet I added some yellow credit card lines and a few light cirlces then gave it a light mist and for some reason used an A5 card piece and came up with this background on my card. I add the darker yellow rings and left it at that.  Then browsing through the sites I spied Heather Telfords gorgeous card and new challenge blog - One-Layer Simplicity #3, Just Add Water.  A bit more snooping and I found a very new challenge Virginia's View #1 - Watercolouring. So I proceeded to try and use it folded to make a one layer card...this stamp has been in my collection for many years and may have been used twice...I'm so pleased I might have to make a few more using it and add to my very few male card stash.  This is the first of this type of card for me and I'm really chuffed with how it turned out and I'll be back to play along with these two blogs again. Thanks for taking a peek Robyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn, your theme and design are perfect for water-coloring! Love the images and colors that you chose! Thanks so much for playing the first Virginia's View Challenge! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn