Saturday 28 June 2014

Friday Smiles....week 75

Share a smile...First time for me to Share a Smile with you on a  Friday (really it's Saturday here in Australia but never mind.
The story behind my newspaper advertisement .....is
My In-Laws have just celebrated 64 years of marriage and the local newspaper saw their wedding anniversary notice and asked if they could run a story. So my S-I-L contacted me as they needed the wedding photo (another long story) , so I carefully removed it from the very old and damaged frame, scanned it and sent it off. Then curious to know how they framed the photo I noticed it was padded with old newspapers dated 18 June 1953. I haven't read through many but this one caught my eye
Bill and Joyce Oliver - he'll be 90 next month and she's 88.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend, Cheers Robyn

6 comments:

  1. I love old photos Robyn and this one is just so lovely. Huge congrats to them on their long marriage.
    I have to say that old advert is priceless....how daring were they! :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photo of your parents!! And what a find! I was 6 months old then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful photo but what stories to those newspapers hold and were some put there deliberately? Hhhmmm I am sure you will show some more, well I hope so, I love those old articles.

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little piece of treasure, I do love it when I find something fascinating and old like that. I bet the language in the articles would be different from nowadays too
    Thanks for the smile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo and story. Things weren't quite so politically correct then. That was exactly 13 years before I joined the human race!!!
    Congratulations to the happy couple.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool find!! Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs O.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn