Friday 23 October 2015

Embrace Life

This morning I really had the urge to make a card and as we had been playing with watercolours last weekend I wanted to also experiment with using the Magical Micas as paints.  I stamped these lovely Inspired by Stamping Aster flowers in Versamark and clear embossed them on watercolour paper - well that made it difficult to see the outline (so maybe next time a very pale grey might be the go).Then I wet the first flower and tried sprinkling on the fine powder - it didn't work at all well so I went with the powder on a palette and mixed it before painting - I tried not to be to pedantic about keeping in the lines - I love these colours and how they've turned out; they are all shimmery too. Finally when it was dry I used Evergreen Bough Distress Ink to smooch in the watery background and stamped on a Stamplorations sentiment.  I am posting to Stamplorations New Stamp Release and also to Stamplorations October challenge Stamps and Fave Colour Combo. Thanks for taking a peek

  

4 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful card! Love your coloring. Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, That is beautiful.

    Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a yummy color combo! Everything over here is nearing winter, but I'm sure you're just beginning the blooms of summer! Gorgeous make, Robyn, and thanks for linking up at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this watercoloring flower card! Really gorgeous. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn