Sunday 30 October 2016

Thinking of You

A final card today and....it's not a Christmas one... I thought I'd like to have a go with the Embossing on Vellum challenge at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge for October.  I chose to dry emboss my mauve coloured vellum with a floral embossing folder to see how it would take... not bad but now what to do with it.  I decided to use the second die cut frame that Greta sent me in with her card swap for Society of Stampaholics. I cut a window and then trimmed around the vellum in a rectangle but also leaving some embossing to overlap. In the end I decided not to use markers to shade the back of the flowers - I know I'd mess it up and I'm glad I didn't.  To finish I adhered some ribbon across the corners, added a few flowers and leave and finally a sentient.  Thanks for taking a peek

4 comments:

  1. Robyn, This is beautiful. I love the colours and you can never go wrong with flowers.

    Hope you have a lovely day. sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Robyn and what a clever way to use your embossing folder. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your embossed vellum, Robyn! Wonderful way to use the die cut with trimming around some of the images! You've inspired me to cut some of the frames for me & use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty design. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn