Wednesday 19 October 2016

Wishing you Joys of the Season


Well I'm hoping that birds classify as critters as this week I'm playing along with the Theme - Christmas Critters at 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown.  I did a fair bit of fussy cutting with this stamped image - used brown ink to stamp the top half and black on the bottom, then coloured it in with Brushos and Distress Ink and 3D mounted the birds, pie and top of the perch.  I then oval die cut the image and smooched the edges and 3D mounted it on a piece of maroon card.  I matched this as best as I could with the only Plaid paper I have in my stash - of all the  paper and card I have just this  but it worked well with the colours. I had to mount it on a green card as white looked terrible.  I  finished with a die cut 'Christmas' and stamped sentiment with a couple of fussy cut holly sprays.  I am playing with Merry Monday #218 - Nina would like a card using Plaid.  Thanks for taking a peek

  

9 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, That's a lovely card. I like the colours and the background works so well.

    Hope you have anice day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely Christmas card Robyn. Your decoupage image is very pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birds and their feast were worth the effort. They're lovely! And the tartan background works well for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, this is a wonderful card...your background with the plaid is lovely and I adore those two little birds! Great coloring! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, the birds and plaid together remind me of an old fashioned Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robyn, what a gorgeous card! I love what you have done. I love the birds and we feed them all winter. They look so real. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work! I do like the dimension on the little birds enjoying their cake! Nice plaid background too! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely card with beautiful birds :)
    Thanks for joining us at 52CCT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet Christmas card - I love the birds!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn