Tuesday 24 January 2017

Merry Christmas


First Christmas card for the year... I'm CASing Kimberley's card at Muse: Christmas Vision #76 and posting to CAS Watercolour - January challenge - Snowflake. Firstly I created the background panel - stamped and embossed the green branch and then a scattering of snowflakes embossed in white. Then I gave the panel a wash of blue - I used a dry baby wipe sprayed with some blue mist, I find this way gives a nice smooth coat, not too blotchy.  Then I cut some white card with a die to form my hill. I stamped and and coloured my image with Brushos and drew on a thread to hang it from the foliage.  Finally I attached a stamped sentiment.  Thanks for taking a peek.


  

6 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn. Beautiful watercoloured sky. I have never used a baby wipe with spray to create a background, but will definitely have to give it a try. It's really beautiful. Love those sweet snowflakes and the pop of colours from the Santa ornament! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is one I missed. A really pretty Christmas card Robyn. I love your retro looking Santa. A really great design. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Robyn!!!! So lovely!!! I collect those vintage style ornaments, LOVELY!!!! GORGEOUS snowflakes!!! Thanks for being in the MCV Club! LOVE seeing your cards here, always!!!! I hope you have a goal to keep them rolling, mine is 3 a week....so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh clever - love how the santa ornament is hanging from the tree! So glad you joined us at MCV Robyn! (thanks for the comment yesterday - that Santa is from Essentials by Ellen at Ellen Hutson).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your soft watercolour background and the way you have suspended your pretty ornament Santa from the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background, Robyn! I'll have to try that technique. Your Santa ornament is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn