Thursday 23 March 2017

Every flower is a soul.....

What a lovely week we've been having here with some well needed rain overnight, so it's cooler...and I'm at my desk having fun this week with backgrounds.  This one I made with inked cling wrap - I applied 3 shades of Distress Ink in strips to create a landscape, spritzed with water and 'smooched' the wrap onto my white card - love how the 'sky' turned out with white space for clouds.  Then I stamped on some 'flower' tops and leaves and used a negative mask so I could sponge Distress Ink the the blooms and leaves and drew in the stems.  To finish I added a dragonfly and a stamped sentiment. I am posting to CAS Mix Up March challenge - I used stamping, smooching and sponging. Also to Rubber Dance Theme challenge - Everything Spring and Colour Throw Down ctd435 - colours; orange, yellow and blue.  Thanks for taking a peek
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, I love this card.

    Hope you are having a nice day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you colored behind the flowers. What a stunning card! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful smooshed background Robyn. I Spring flowers are so pretty. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cling wrap smooshed background is so pretty Robin. Love the flowers and how you've sponged on colour. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to try this technique for backgrounds! It's amazing and so are those pretty flowers! Thanks so much, Robyn, for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! It's so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love how your cling wrap background turned out!! Thank you for joining our Spring challenge at Rubber Dance ♥ We start a colour challenge today, come have a look! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn