Sunday 25 June 2017

Happy Birthday

This week at Muse challenge #221 we are casing Jenni's card below.... it is also her farewell post and I too wish to thank her for all the inspiration and encouragement.  I chose to follow her theme of mixed text on a colourful layer centered on a simple white background.  I masked off a section of a large background text stamp and used Kaleidacolour ink pad to get the variation in colours.  Then for the background to add interest I used an embossing folder to repeat the mixed text.  A simple to make card and I'm pleased with the result.  Thanks for taking a peek

10 comments:

  1. I never thought of using a sentiment embossing folder Robyn - perfect backdrop for the stamping and a great take on Jenni's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, A fab card. I forget to use my cuttlebug and put embossed backgrounds.

    Hope you have a nice day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the first embossing folder I ever bought - did it come with my first Cuttlebug, way, way back? lol! It is perfect for this design as are your ombre inks! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This works so well with the embossed background and the ombre inks no wonder it pleases you its beautiful!Thank you for joining in with us at Muse this week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed background and ombre inked sentiments, Robyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great take on the Muse card.
    Love that textured background.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Robyn. I like the use of your kaleidoscope pad for the sentiment. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn