Friday 1 September 2017

You Brighten Everyone's Day


Finally at last I have my card finished for the Power Poppy Power and Spark Mix and Match challenge for August....with just hours to spare.... and it is nice, relaxing and 'feeling normal' to be at my desk... it's been 'a month' - lots of changes with jobs, child minding and then sadly the passing of my father-in-law - Bill was 93 - RIP, so flights south and cold weather and a funeral, now it's good to be home.
I decided to make a cheerful card - bright colours and then used some different techniques.... I used pearl gold embossing powder on my flowers from the Dynamic Duos: Glads & Gerberas set and then used Mungyo Pastels (chalks) to colour them... purposefully not keeping in the lines something I find very hard not to do - interestingly the embossed surface took on some of the colour of the chalks. Then I used the sentiment from the Poppies set and sponged chalk around the edges of my panel. I found some designer paper to layer under the image and decided to add a strip of green and a matching bow.  I also decided to use Versamark to stamp the sprig from the Countryside Bouquet Deluxe set on the green strip. I'm glad I was able to play along this month, thanks for taking a peek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn