Friday 6 April 2018

Friends are the Sunshine of Life


What a lovely surprise to find that my CAS Mix Up card - using the Rubber Band Technique was also appropriate for the CAS Watercolour April challenge - Bird theme.....which must be a thing at the moment as we've just erected a bird bath in the back garden.  For my background I used a yellow alcohol ink coloured panel and with rubber bands around my acrylic blocks I stamped in Versamark and embossed with Pearl Gold... I twisted the block and got sort stuttery lines... I like the effect, so I took a photo incase I covered it all up.  Then I stamped my bird in brown ink and used Distress Oxides to water colour the image and fussy cut  it out.  The yellow panel was too stark against the white card so I added a green strip to help bring out the colours in the bird. I die cut a branch, then stamped and embossed my sentiment.  My elements for CAS Mix Up - rubber band stamping, stamping, heat embossing, fussy cutting, die cuts and water colouring.  Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day.

 

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love all that yellow, Robyn! The rubber band patterns with the gold embossing are so elegant! I love how you've put the panels a little off each other and your watercolour bird is so pretty! He looks like the Brown Thrasher that comes to our feeder sometimes. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a sunshine yellow, Robyn!! So bright and beautiful. Looks amazing with the gold pearl embossing! Your watercoloured bird is so sweet. Great design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card...I like the sunny, yellow bkg.
    Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! I tried my rubber bands with AI too-- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful sunshiny card Robyn! The coloring on your bird is wonderful - and I love your yellow background with the gold embossing of the Rubber Band stampings - the green panel adds a lovely punch of color! thank you so much for joining in my CAS Mix Up challenge this month! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout on your beautiful card. Fabulous rubber band technique and the bird looks gorgeous. Gorgeous CAS card with mixing of the medias. Thank you for joining in at The CAS Mix Up Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn