Thursday 27 March 2014

What's On Your Workdesk, Wednesday ?

 
 Big hello one and all on this wonderful WOYWW #251 and if you're visiting and not sure what this is all about, pop over to Julias blog...this lovely lady hosts this crazy, fantastic and interesting sharing of our workspace, worldwide.
I'd like to thank all the thoughtful visitors who left comments last week...I really enjoy sharing and reading about your lives too. My desk photos were taken early this morning, and I'm posting late at night as we've driving 8 hours north to visit our daughter for her birthday and also for lots of cuddles with G/D Sophie who is 5 months old today.
On my desk you can see that I have been working on some 'purses' to hold cards and envelopes which I donate for fund raising. I use up the colourful card stock that I probably won't ever use on a card and once you have the measurements they're quick and easy to make. I'd like to comment that my desk and room does get rather messy and I have things scattered everywhere BUT this year I've started tidying up after each session and this is working really well for me.  My second pic is of the box of cards I've made and which will get sorted and added to the 'purses'...I make far more than I can ever use so hopefully others will enjoy them too.
I've also been sewing this week at the dining room table, making some nappy pants for Sophie to cover those dreadful disposable nappies.
Must get some sleep now...and I apologize now as I probably won't get time to visit blogs until Sunday night when we get home. Cheers and hope you're enjoying your week. Thanks for taking a peek Robyn

16 comments:

  1. Tempted to say your post was pants ha ha, which are very pretty by the way. Clever idea to pretty up those unsightly nappies and I love the dots. Enjoy your trip and give the little one lots and lots of cuddles.
    Happy Wednesday
    Ann B
    31

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nappy pants! How cute! Your desk looks busy. Hope you enjoyed your trip! Lyns xx #58

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those card purses. Great idea for holding them.
    Happy WOYWDW!
    Cathy #73

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the little pants ... So cute!
    Have a safe journey to see that little girl
    Jackie 24

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love the little pants ... So cute!
    Have a safe journey to see that little girl
    Jackie 24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards - and pants on the workdesk - that's a first for me !! Ali #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well of course, in such a climate, a nappy and a tshirt is pretty much all they need huh, so I'm totally with you on the need for nappy Pants...and how cute!! I like the coin purses too, what a neat idea.
    Have a good trip, long drive, but oh so worthwhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pants are gorgeous and will look much better than those nappies. I used to dress my girls up with frilly pants over their nappies but it was cloth nappies with the first one! That is one long drive you have, take care in this dreadful weather. We really need the rain but it makes roads really slippery.
    Have a great trip.
    Von #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, Robyn, lovely cards, nappy pants for grandie!!
    .. and well how special is that you make so many to give away..
    I love the fact they are so varied to and not ll one style.. just adore your work!
    Happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x #15 thanks for popping over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cards in the box look lovely. Great idea for the nappy pants!

    ~Kate~ (still catching up from last week!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are multi-talented, and thanks for the peek at your craft table today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have certainly not been idle this week, Robyn. I love those pants! great idea - I also used to dress our girls with frilly pants over their nappies.
    What a box full of cards - how lovely that so many will benefit from your gracious giving.
    Did I spy a Christmas card lurking in the desk shot? Oh my - I think I have done about 5 - and that is it so far...
    Have a lovely visit with your family - enjoy all the hugs.
    Margaret #85

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ruffles! How cute. Gingham and ruffles just go together.Creative Blessing Kelly #76

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there Robyn, hope you've had a marvellous time with your family! I loved all the wild flower pics you showed in the next post, so interesting as they're so different from UK varieties!
    Those little nappy pants are so sweet, clever you...and the coin purses are a neat idea. Good for you for making things for charity. Most of my stuff is for that now and IM enjoying it!
    LLJ xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the purses and cards and the nappy pants are adorable!
    Angie (no idea what my # is now lol maybe 79?) Thanks for the late visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn