Tuesday 12 December 2017

'Twas the night before Christmas


I love this PB stamp - Pine and Star, and don't think I've used it this year - so time for something different.  I had this watercolour background using Brushos in my stash and thought it looked like a night sky so I stamped the tree three times - twice in two greens of DOX and final stamp in dark green DI as it wasn't showing on the dark background. Then I used white pigment ink to create the snow bank and embossed it in clear, it didn't show too well either so I used the edge of the ink pad again and used white embossing powder - I like this and added some to the tree.  I stamped on my sentiment in white and embossed it in white, and the same for the star which I moved from the left on the stamp to the center....I added some silvery gel pen to it too.  And finally I spritzed it very lightly with Perfect Pearls for some falling snow and some tiny dots of white gel pen. Thanks for taking a peek

  

PBSC December - Winter or Christmas

Muse: ChristmasVisions
newchallenge

8 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous PB stamp Robyn, not seen this before and I do look and buy and try to use them...[aNNie]🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, Loving this one. The tree is fab. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tree, Robyn and the beautiful background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous sky, Robyn, and this whole artistic night scene! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous Robyn. What a beautiful vibrant background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. LOvely background, great blending of colors and the tree is awesome. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful soft and dreamy festive card. Great background!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - love the vibrant colours!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Merry Christmas & best wishes for 2018!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn