Sunday 23 August 2015

Rescued Notes Holder

Do you do like I do? - when you have a chore you don't really want to do and so you find something at your desk to fill in your time. That's what happened today... should be finalizing my craft room packing but instead I decided to finish this project.  I have had this container on my desk filled with pens and paper bits and I thought I could revamp it for the Artplorations Mixed Media challenge -

Stencil Sunday #5 + August Mixed Media Challenge

It is a point of sale stand that I rescued from the bin when I was working at Target. So I gave it a coat of acrylic paint and then cut two panels of patterned paper that I would never use to make a card and gave it a light spray with an orange mist. Then I used Distress Inks to try and disguise that crazy pattern... used my stencils to sponge on some hexagonal dots and a few different arrow. I repeated the dots on the ends and cut a green piece of card to line that front box - and gave it a bit of medallion embossing before I glued them all in place.
I die cut the word NOTES on card and used it as a stencil, then coloured some texture paste with black distress ink and plastered it to the front. When it was all dry I die cut the cat and attached him. Wish I was real free with mixed media but it's a start and I'm happy with my finished revamped note holder.  Thanks for taking a peek

5 comments:

  1. Nice job Robyn...I love your note holder! Love your cat embellishment too....enjoy the rest of your packing...safe travels for Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this and so useful.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fabulous!! Love the kitty! And creating is sooo much better than packing anyway! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girrrrrrlll you are working those stencils!! You should procrastinate more often because this looks super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous re-purposed piece Robyn, great use of those stencils. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations mixed media challenge this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn