Sunday 3 February 2019

It's still raining....


...since last Saturday 26 January...over 1 meter (about 40 inches) in that time. So our tropical monsoons are definitely filling up our town water storage dam, this time last year it was 18% full, now it's over 200% and spilling over....
just thought I'd give you an update of our neck of the world... 
I know other stamping/card making friends across Australia and the rest of the world are experiencing extremes in weather conditions too, so we're all thinking of each other
AND
what better time to be at ones desk...yeah!!!
Backyard today ..
deeper than yesterday - as it floods over my rock garden area.

This is my leg measuring device to check the water level in the backyard.. 23cm (9") this morning.
Now to get my mojo working...
...keep safe friends

4 comments:

  1. Oh Robyn do keep safe. Could you bottle up some of that water and send it down here as we are in desperate need of it. Hobart now has the title of the driest capital city of Australia. The air is so dry that any rainfall is evaporating before it hits the ground and the firemen so need it. If only we could send the water or the sun etc to the parts of the country that need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lucky you're in a high set Robyn. We got 1mm this morning and I had to run to get wet in it!! Stay safe and I hope the dam up there holds, thinking of all up there, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks more like a lake than a backyard Robyn. Geesh! I hope the rain stops soon for everyone's sake. I imagine it's also quite hot there and the mugginess with all that moisture must be unbearable! Stay safe, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I had no idea this happened! Thank you for sharing, Robyn. I hope you stay below danger during the monsoon season. As Loll said, you must just get used to the humidity? I wouldn't be able to get out of bed! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn