Saturday 21 April 2018

Two Cat Cards

The theme for Darnell's Twofer Card Challenge #4 for April is Pets.... so at our place there are four cats... here are three of them waiting outside on the kitchen window ledge to come in for dinner, so my cards include Cats.
I have this one cat die so I've used it two ways... on a Friends card and a Christmas card.
I made the black cat one using a Brushos background and simply stamped a sentiment and used layers to frame the panel... not planning to - but my white cat card ended up with a Brushos background too... searched through my stash of 'experiments' to match the die sentiment I decided to use and teamed it with a second die cut in metallic aqua blue which I inlaid, then to match the shine I painted on some Perfect Pearls to the white 'Merry'. To finish I die cut my cat in white felt and sponged some light aqua blue to the white base.




We make plenty of cards using the same stamps or dies but when you're challenged to make two at one time somehow the inspiration is challenging.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your weekend

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are so beautiful Robyn. The colours from the brushos backgrounds are amazing. Love the multi-coloured background with the black cat and accents ... fantastic sentiment. Your blue brushos is gorgeous paired with the shine of your inlaid die-cut sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rose to the challenge, Robyn! You have really nailed the concept with your two beautiful card backgrounds for kitty! I love that you did one in black and one in white felt and both are matching perfectly to your different Brusho backgrounds! I give you a big Shazambam for how you worked those colors and I love how you inlaid the "Christmas" on the Christmas design!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #4! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning backgrounds - I really must have a go of Brushos. The Christmas colours in the second are just gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the photo of three of your kitties. I've always had an affinity for cats; from trying to catch the barn cats at my uncle's farm for a cuddle, to having Cinnamon and Sugar for many years (and a few others before them!). That's a great die cut, and those backgrounds are really lovely, too. And that inlaid die is fantastic. You made two sweet cards for the Twofer Challenge. Thanks so much for joining us! Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn