Friday 19 September 2014

Friday Smiles week 85

Share a smile...Hello this fine Friday from Gladstone, sunny Queensland, Australia...oh dear I must be feeling happy for all of that....well I suppose I'm feeling settled and that may also be why I went and bought seedlings this week, some potting mix and hanging baskets....see the petunias are already flowering. Really all this probably because I it's spring and I love flowers. Pots work well for me as this is a rental property and I'm not about to do gardening more than water the lawns to make it feel green.
 I also bought some bedding begonias for some old pots
and rescued this poor gerbera....on the discount trolley and half dead - do any of you do that, feel sorry for the poor neglected plants and want to take them home...already it's picked up with some water and a talking to and now lives on the little table on the front porch.
 Annie host this Friday Smiles post  so if you'd like to join in please pop over to her blog and read what other happy people are up to. Cheers and enjoy your weekend Robyn

4 comments:

  1. Oh Robyn how lovely that you give sad plants a new lease of life :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd always rescue the neglected plants. I am glad the gerbera has responded to your loving! Funny that you and Shaz have both shown begonias this week. I am sure your hanging baskets will soon be beautiful. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, Robyn, so with you on feeling sorry for half dead plants and taking them home ... my gerbras are flowering amazingly if you lived closer could dig dome up for you.. :D
    cant beat bedding begonias either they pay you back in spades, as do petunias - happy smiles day, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking really lovely!! Happy Day to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn