Saturday 26 January 2019

This is where the Story begins



Well I started this challenge #24 at The Library weeks ago with an image of a yellow scooter - well that didn't work well.... so after some thought I imagined the life cycle of the butterfly - the beginning - a tiny egg and finally a gorgeous butterfly - so that's my interpretation of the book title and I've also used the colours - Aqua and Yellow.
Absolute Beginners (London Trilogy Book 2) by [MacInnes, Colin]For my background I scribbled aqua gelatos on my plastic sheet and spritzed it and my card with water and smooched - worked fabulously.  Then I die cut my butterfly in black and yellow and pieced it together,  used pencil to give the yellow some depth and an embellishment for the body. Next I die cut a leafy twig from scrap green smooched card.  To finish I stamped the sentiment and assembled the card, added a few green gems on the leaf as tiny eggs.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciated it - happy card making

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Love this bright yellow and black butterfly, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever interpretation of the 'beginners' theme and the colours are perfect for the cover too. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Robyn, the pop of the yellow butterfly on the blue is so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Robyn. Love the colours of your smooshed gelatoes! Gorgeous butterfly! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn