Wednesday 6 March 2024

Card making is not a dying Art, neither is Crochet

Well after receiving some very welcome visits and comments from my bloggy friends...which I'm sad to say has been and very lacking thing on my part, I was very happy to discover that Darnell has been inspiring us again with her acronyms... to help us through those times when we're wondering if we should just pass on all our stamping/card making stuff - I don't want to!!  So her New Years inspiration is "I.D.E.A.S" --- and if you're interested pop over to her blog here.  

My post today may not be Inks... rather it's colouring pencils which I have been using this past week on some lovely pre-made cards, from a Colouring Book that contains double sided cards and envelopes to colour... see in my blurring photo Darnells IDEAS printed off and stuck right there in front so I'm inspired.

And quite the opposite in weather to the other sides of the world... we're in Summer or rather it's supposed to have changed to Autumn but it's still awfully hot and humid and if I look out my craft area windows... one the sky is blue and white fluffy clouds - the other is grey rainy looking clouds so we maybe in for an afternoon downpour again.... so my lovely garden is looking too sad and badly needs some loving - it'll have to wait..  BUT in the meantime my crochet hook has been busy - trying my hand at flowers and have decorated last years March calendar page with some of them.


and I also made a sign for our Crochet Group Display in the local Library Cabinet


Here's what our amazing group members have been up to .... huge array and variety of crochet..  it's not a dying art..  thank goodness.

Thanks awfully for visiting and do so appreciate it
Have a fabulous day
Hugs Robyn

3 comments:

  1. Aw, thank you so much for the wonderful shout-out and compliments, Robyn! I'm really delighted that my I.D.E.A.S. schedule has struck a nerve with you and I hope it carries you forward into the coming months with renewed creativity. It would be a shame for you to set aside this lovely art form and opportunity to bring joy to those who receive your pretty cards! Your coloured pencils work perfectly for this week and your pages are sensational! I added "color mediums" after the word ink because that opens it up to ANY method of adding color to the design, so you're good, and I will happily be pinning your art to the I.D.E.A.S. Pinterest Board!

    I also love your crocheting! It's something I've never tried, but I'm so pleased it is not a dying art! I hope your heat subsides soon and the cooler temps of autumn arrive. Thank you again for your support and enthusiasm! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see your mojo has returned, Robyn. Your pencil colouring is BEAUTIFUL, my friend. This is something I am not good at and I just gave away my set of pencils because of that. Oh dear, you have inspired me to want to give it another try. Guess I will need to buy a new set. :)

    Your crocheted flowers are so pretty. Great work!! It's lovely to see all the beautiful crocheted items from your talented townsfolk. Thanks for sharing! Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colouring of the card blanks Robyn - how pretty
    Loving your crochet flowers and how you have used them. The crochet display is stunning!
    I am currently confined to reading and one handed gardening (pulling weeds) as I am recovering from surgery... an enforced lay off from my crafty hobbies...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn