Sunday 28 January 2024

Cards using the 'Torn Edge' technique

 


Over at the Group of Seven Cardmakers this past month 
they have been inspiring us with their Torn Edge technique cards.
So I've finally finished a few cards today,
 now that we have power back and the house and I feel cool again.


With this first one I blended Distress Oxide inks over torn scrap paper and finished with some die cuts


My next two cards were created with torn coloured cardstock, teamed with some more die cuts


Thanks for stopping by my blog, have a Wonderful day
Cheers Robyn

5 comments:

  1. All three cards are beautiful, Robyn. These are fabulous ways to use torn edges ... thanks for joining us at Group of Seven! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trio of stunning cards Robyn - great use of the technique - an oldie but a goodie!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of the techniques - great alternative ways to create a similar look. Thank you for trying our Group of Seven technique of masking and sponging to get a torn edge look! All three of your cards are beautiful and make me long for some summer beach weather - it's been so grey here in Vancouver, and so much rain that they are calling it "an atmospheric river". Your bright cheery cards really lifted my mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Three fantastic examples of what you can do with torn paper, Robyn! Love the sponged layers and the torn cardstock! All make fantastic landscapes! I'm glad you made it through the cyclone and have your power back on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful effect with the techniques, I think your fist card is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn