Monday 9 May 2016

Welcome

I'm posting today to Simon Says Monday challenge - Home Decor.
At present we are renovating and old old house and I was inspired to make this 'welcome' sign out of the old weatherboards. We are renovating a very old house and have removed the external walls, also discovered a few old bolts and  found this chain and old door bell to use.  I painted up some new wooden letters and distressed them with sandpaper and paint. and as I ponder what I've done so far I'm sure there will be some more 'decorations' added.  It's fair from a 'pretty' item but as a reminder of the old type of house I think it is perfect.  Thanks for taking a peek

Simon Says Monday challenge  - HOME DECOR

7 comments:

  1. Great recycled sign Robyn, love the addition of the bell, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, Fab idea to have some of the old building on the new.

    Hope you have a good start to the week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea. It looks fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea Robyn. It looks great and how wonderful that you used some of the original wood. The old bell looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh this is so cool Robyn, I Love that some bits are found pieces too it just makes it even more sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sign Robyn!!! Such a clever idea. I hope the renovations are coming along smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome Robyn! Very cool idea and a great memento of the massive changes that are being made to your house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn