Tuesday 22 July 2014

Wishing you well

SOS #160: Can't Put It Down (or Away)

Hi and happy Tuesday... I'm waiting to go to the airport to pick up hubby, so of course I'm at my desk making cards.... Don't know where this card came from... last night I was thinking about making a scene with a stamped image in the forefront. Anyway my can't put down for Shoppping Your Stash #160 - is my distress inks and die cuts - they've both been coming out lots lately. But this card isn't actually made with distress inks - this morning I wanted to know if my dried up, faded old Adirondack Inks would work like DIs if you sprayed water on them... guess what they do.
I sponged ink over some water colour cardstock kinda like a garden off to one side, then just sprayed on water...whooppie my pads are not juicy enough to stamp with but they'll be getting used for backgrounds now. When it was dry I added some "flowers" - just dabbed the corner of a paper scrap in the ink and filled in the flat colour areas and some drag lines for stems. Stamped on a simple sentiment and finished off with a die cut flower spray that I cut and re-positioned to fit the space. That was fun... Thanks for taking a peek Robyn

1 comment:

  1. That is such a clever way to make a background! I love it - and I have some pretty old Adirondack pads too :) Love the torn edge on the finished card - so glad you came to play at Shopping our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn