Monday 3 June 2024

Some Fun Watercolouring

I saw this technique on Pinterest and figured why not try this with an outline stamp.... so I smooched Distress Oxide inks on my worksheet and inked my stamp from this and used a wet brush to pull the colours from the outline... I love how it turned out... bit similar to last months technique at Group of Seven Cardmakers using a Speedball Elegant Writer.
And it's the first Monday of the month so with Darnell's IDEAS prompt it's time for some INK/Colour Medium.



I used the colours for the Just Add Ink challenge #704- and randomly stamped the image on white card then finished off with a stamped sentiment.


I had so much fun I made a second card and added some turquoise ink.  I think these are very summery colours so I'm joining in the challenge at Four Season - Anything Goes Summer



Thanks for stopping by my blog..
have a wonderful day
cheers Robyn

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Robyn - love the technique and how you have used iton both cards
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous and "easyish" way to watercolour which looks so pretty, I must give it a go. This technique makes the colours at Just Add Ink really shine, so thank you for sharing and joining in with us this week.
    Karen (DT JAI Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards using this amazing technique, Robyn! Love the bright, colourful, happy colours of your pretty flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love these flowers, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this, it turned out so beautiful and the colors are amazing!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your water colouring is beautiful. I love the florals and your sweet colors. Thanks so much for sharing your art and talent with us at The Four Seasons and please stop by again soon. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fantastic and colorful designs, Robyn! I'd love to see a video of how you smooched your petals to pull the petals so precisely. I saw that same technique with the bubbles and I even tried it, but I couldn't get the water to pull and pool like the artist did. I guess I need more practice! I especially love the colors on your second card! Thank you for playing with me and my I.D.E.A.S.!📌Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these cards are lovely! I really love the addition of the turquoise in the second one. This technique looks like a lot of fun, may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn