Sunday 5 November 2017

Merry Christmas

My card today is using the sketch at Christmas Card Throwdown CCT21.  The stamped and gold embossed image is from my stash and I've never really known what to do with it....so I die cut it within an oval and left it just white and gold - no need to add colour I'm thinking.  Then I found some DP indark green and gold and also die cut a scalloped oval to frame it.  I used the same dull gold as the card base.  Then as the sentiment was the main image I decided to just add a knotted ribbon instead at the bottom.  I am quite happy with how it turned out.  Thanks for taking a peek

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, That's a fab card. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark green and gold look fabulous, very striking, and the topper is unusual too, I think it all comes together beautifully for a Christmas card that's a little bit different. Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully elegant and the music and ribbon just add to that.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn