Friday 6 April 2018

Happy Birthday


Well I'm over the moon with my new die and have had some fun and experimenting with it today. This card is for the April challenge at Stamplorations... focus on Sentiments.  So I kept the background to just two shades of apricot and decided to leave some of the die cut pieces in place as I removed the card from the die, so I quickly added some glue so as not to lose any more bits and adhered it to some darker hand made texture paper.  Then all it needed was a white card base and a stamped sentiment in black on white so it would 'pop' on the card... I used a stitched die to frame it.  I am also posting to Stamplorations Never Ending challenge. And also to Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Birthday where they are celebrating their 9th Birthday - well done, congratulations and party on team.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day

 

wed-newchallenge-header

Simon Says: Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thank u for leaving such a sweet comment Robin!
    I love your Birthday card in dual color,so beautiful! Love that die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Robyn :-) I love this die cut background and the 2 tones of peach! the whole design. of this is absolutely stunning! I love that you left in some of the die cut pieces! GORGEOUS!

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Robyn. I like how you randomly left areas of negative cuts. Cool. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Robyn. Love how you handled the die with just two colors and your sentiment has an art deco feel to it that works perfectly with the BG. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations with your focus on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn