Monday 24 September 2018

Joy from our home to yours


Well I really shouldn't have but there was this new wreath stamp at the craft shop this morning.... oh, it came home with me.... and I've had a play around, it's a bit tricky and I've ended up using Distress Ink and Distress Oxide and markers on it... bit fussy to pick out the red berries so they got coloured over with markers.  To finish I die cut 'Joy' from shiny red card and stamped an extra bit of sentiment.  You might notice the top and bottom of the front panel is 'stitched' - well I often use a square die to cut a rectangle and it didn't work today so off came the edges.  I am playing along with CAS Christmas September challenge - Wreath.  Thanks for visiting and enjoy for day


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny when you browse a craft store and things just "jump" into your basket??!! :) This is a beautiful wreath and I can see why you had to have it, Robyn. Lovely deep shades of green with the bright red berries that pop. Using the metallic red paper for die-cut joy adds some lovely shine to your design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pop of red metallic works so beautifully against those glorious green colours. Yep I can see why you just 'Had' to have the stamp too! Great save with the stitching die cut x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wreath and that 'joy' just makes it that bit more special with he metallic card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful wreath, Robyn! I love the varying shades of green and red berries! The joy sentiment is the prettiest joy die cut I've seen and so perfect on this wreath! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn, I think this would have come home with me too! It is a lovely wreath and I love your shiny red sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely wreath, Robyn, with that sparkly Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty wreath, Robyn! I totally understand why the stmap came home with you. :-)
    I love the fantastic design of this card. The placements of the shiny red sentiment and the stamped sentiment are just perfect. Thanks for joining us again at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn