Friday 9 November 2018

Merry Christmas Tag


Stepping out of my comfort zone with this tag for Loll and Friends Twelve Tags of Christmas...Day 4 -   Dark colours and mixed media... took me a few days to sort and come up with elements....first I stamped the grey card with swirls and parts of Christmas stamps then I die cut to put holes in it... decided on that dark red textured paper as a background for it.  Then I die cut my tree and sponged with Distress Inks and added some 'snow' with a white gel pen.  I printed off a photo of our two little girls from last Christmas and cut around it and die cut a swirl twice in white card and sponged up one with grey ink.... I assembled all the layers onto black card, punched a hole and tied on some matching ribbon with a metal heart... then today I decided it needed a more obvious stamping element so stamped up a small sentiment and added this.
Techniques - stamping, die cuts, sponging   Products - various card stock, photo, ribbon, metal embellishment.     Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day.

3 comments:

  1. Keep stepping out Robynn, this tag looks amazing. I love all the elements :) You reminded me I have some Tim Holtz background dies that I really should use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Robyn! This tag is awesome with a vintage look. How fantastic to include your two grand-daughters ... they will be excited to see this! Great work of layering so many mixed media elements into one cohesive and beautiful design! Thanks again for playing along! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you personalized your tag with the pictures! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn