Friday 16 November 2018

Two Christmas Tags

So today I've ended up with two tags for Loll and Friends Twelve Tags of Christmas on Day 11.  
I began with this die cut background from my stash and selected the red smooched piece to go behind it.  Then I thought to add some red flowers, so stamped two poinsettias and fussy cut them, I used Distress Inks and afterwards thought they'd look better with clear embossing so stamped a couple more but used a darker red ink and clear embossing.. whoops that's was wrong it didn't match, so rather than stamp again and fussy cut I used Versamark on the first two and clear embossed them.  I die cut some holly sprigs in metallic green and added red glitter glue to the berries.  Then from my stash and thanks to my friend I chose the 'Joy' sentiment die cut in red metallic and which also included a backing die cut in white.  To finish I attached the layers to a larger white tag and added some red ribbons.
So now I have two flowers already to go and a tag cut and dry embossed with dots.... also selected a fancy red die cut label and decided to arrange one flower with another die cut holly sprig on this.   I found a stamped sentiment in the stash and used a fancy die to cut around this to form a label and added the extra flower and holly to it.  To finish I added some gold micro beads to the flower centers and a gold satin bow.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day.
Techniques - stamping, heat embossing, dry embossing, die cuts, fussy cutting,   Products - cardstock,  metallic card, Distress inks, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder, glitter glue, micro beads

 

2 comments:

  1. Two beautiful tags Robyn! Love the traditional red, green, and white on both. So great that you persevered with the first tag, setting aside the poinsettias that didn't work, and then used them for the second tag. Mine would have gone into a box and sat for a year or two before I pulled them out again. :) I have enjoyed all your tags you've made this year, Robyn. Each one is beautiful, elegant and very creative. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful elegant tags! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn