Friday 2 October 2020

Hello



Time for the reveal of cards sent during 
this is my card sent to Hilary in the UK - I'm so glad it arrived in time.


So the themes I used for this months challenge - including the colour palette, were friends, birds, shaped card and sequins.
I don't very often make shaped cards, but when I saw that birds were a theme I googled ideas for a bird house and ended figuring how to cut a base card on the fold that resembled a bird house... then die cut the hole - found some patterned paper cut it to shape with the smaller hole.  I dug out a decorative die border to use on the roof edge and blended ink on the edges of the card.
Then I stamped the bird in brown ink and watercoloured it with Distress Oxides and fussy cut it out.  I die cut a brown branch and some flowers that I also coloured up with DOs and added sequins to the centres.  To finish I stamped and embossed the sentiment on pp and arranged all the elements, adding foam tape to the bird.


Thanks for stopping by my blog  ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe






Card Recipe 
Stamps:  Kaisercraft - Fly Free, Sentiment - freebie
Dies: Sizzix - Spring greenery, - Small tattered florals, Spellbinders - Classic Petal (border), - Nesting circle set, 
Inks: Versafine - black, vintage sepia, Distress Oxides - mustard seed, peeled paint, crushed olive, vintage photo
Other:  sequins, clear embossing powder, pp

8 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning, Robyn! Love everything about it. Thanks for being a link in the chain again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful bird house!! Love this idea and design!! Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your little birdhouse, Robyn! Looks great with the texture of that patterned paper and the bitty flowers! Lovely bird too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful bird and I think he loves this birdhouse as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is even more stunning in real life, thank you Robyn. I love that you went to so much trouble to make a shaped card. You make me feel quite lazy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to create a birdhouse shaped card Robyn. I like the pretty paper you used on the birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This little birdhouse is so cute Robyn, great idea how you create this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I bet when you got past the adrellin of having to figure this card out you felt such pleasure. The card is gorgeous, the color combinations are beautiful. How about we take a tea to the front porch and just enjoy your process. Charlotte ... 1c1bailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn