Sunday 20 December 2020

Happy Birthday



Having a rest from Christmas cards for a few weeks, so I'm building up my Birthday card stash... with one made today using a Stencil.  On a white card panel I placed the stencil in the bottom corner and used Distress Inks to bring up a pink flower, masking off the centre so I could make it yellow - I made a whoops that I couldn't disguise so lightly blended the yellow over more of the flower - I do like how it makes the flower 'glow'.  Then it was a bit dead still so I positioned the stencil again twice and filled the space.... not stopping there I used a tiny dots stamp in the same colour and added random interest... still further I used the sentiment stamp with the pale pink randomly stamping that too. I added highlights to the flower with coloured pencils, stamped the sentiment in DO picked raspberry and used Pearl Gold embossing powder .....  then a scattering of crystal gems to finish.


Thanks for stopping by my blog  --  have a Happy Day and stay safe
  

Card Recipe 
Stamps:  Happy Little Stampers - Fun birthday sentiments, Kaisercraft - Tiny Dots
Dies:  
Inks:  Distress Ink - spun sugar, squeezed lemonade, wild honey, Distress Oxide - picked raspberry, 
Other:  ARTplorations - Peeking Dahlias, Little Things - Ice cube jewels,  Pearl Gold embossing powder, coloured pencils

8 comments:

  1. This is my favourite stencil from STAMPlorations. I LOVE how you've used it Robyn. The soft pink is so pretty for these dahlias ... love the glow of yellow. Wonderful addition with the small dotty stenicling over the image. And what a great idea to stamp your sentiment in dark pink and then heat emboss in gold. It's beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layering of the stencils is fabulous Robyn. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely, great colour and great blending. love how you have created that background and using the sentiment as a watermark is such a good idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous, Robyn! Love the pink petals and how the glow of the center spreads into the flower! Great job on the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft and pretty looking Robyn and I love it! Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Gorgeous stenciled dahlia card design, Robyn. I love your added details. I have never thought to stamp a sentiment in a very light color and loved the lightly stamped dots. Loved your sentiment that is stamped in dark pink and then heat embossed in gold. Gorgeous added pencil details for your beautifully colored main dahlia also. Added a few sequins was the perfect final touch. TFS your beauty. So pleased you joined us at STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge. Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty card - love the stenciled flowers and the fading sentiments - thanks for joining the December Stencil Challenge over on the STAMPlorations Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations stencil challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn