Saturday 6 March 2021

Merry Christmas

Our neighbourhood is scheduled for a power outage today for 5 hours so since I was awake early I thought to get a few photos taken and a couple of posts done....


Another easy to make card... with Gail and Jo having me eyeing off my embossing folders regularly I decided to use this holly one with light green card.... then gently swiped the Versamark pad over the raised surface and sprinkled with gold embossing powder.... I omitted to use my antistatic pad and got more on the background but just removed a fair bit of this with a fine brush...heat set this and finished off the panel with a die cut red shiny sentiment (this red card is glittery nearly holographic and is a recycled Christmas bonbon - yep I'm always on the lookout for card I can reuse and collected the snapped bonbons from last Christmas dinner). 


Thanks for stopping by my blog.... have a Wonderful Creative weekend, cheers 



Card Recipe
Stamps: 
Dies:  still trying to source the die brand
Inks: Versamark
Other:  gold embossing powder,  Crafters Companion - Winter Wonderland embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. Always love green, red and gold as a combo, Robyn. Lovely card - great to see an embossing folder too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Robyn! Greetings from grey and chilly Northern Florida.
    You card is so festive -- there are so many techniques I want to do but haven't tried. Your background really is beautiful and one day, I will try this technique.
    Bravo!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heat and dry embossed background, Robyn! And that sentiment is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything is back to normal now? Fabulous card Robyn and so sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The embossed holly looks so pretty done in gold on green card. What a lovely combination, Robyn! And the red die-cut sentiment is so pretty. Great way to recycle! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn