Sunday 2 May 2021

April CCC card - Hello



This month my card for the Card Chain Challenge went across the seas to Arlene in USA.
I used the colour palette, die cuts and friendship theme





I really love how this card turned out - I'll be loose watercolouring lots now and it's fun using it with the die cuts.
  • Die cut 3 Vine leaves and loosely watercolored the with Distress Inks
  • Die cut the front card panel and used a stencil to lightly add some interest to the background
  • Die cut a purple strip and white embossed the stamped sentiment.

Thanks for visiting... sadly as this goes to air my card hasn't arrived from Linda so I will add a pic when it arrives.
Have a Wonderful Creative weekend....  cheers


Card Recipe 
Stamps: Power Poppy - Everything's Rosy (sentiment)
Dies: Kaisercraft - Vines, CUTplorations - Crazy running double stitched nesting rectangles
Inks: Versamark, Distress Ink - Shabby shutters, Peeled paint, Gathered twigs
Other:  white embossing powder, Prima stencil

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous leafy card, Robyn! Just love your loose watercoloring and take on the colors!! Soooo sorry my card hasn't arrived yet - I knew I should've cheated and sent it earlier than the list came out!! Hope it arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Partial to leaf designs, this beauty is right up front on all counts: design, color, composition and execution. Again, Ms. Robyn, inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these loosely colored leaves, Robyn! What a classy design that can be used for almost any occasion, guy or gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented in some of the things I am most interested in - 1. making beautiful cards and 2. crocheting. I really wish we could have been neighbors but you live on the other side of the world!
    Very attractive card Robyn and so beautifully created. I guess this falls under the category of print making with a die cut out. I have seen Bonnie and Loll do some wonderful cards using this technique.
    Again - such a wonderful card!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card. I love how you have watercoloured the die-cut leaves and made the background shadows, it works so well. You have given me an idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Robyn, I love how you've coloured the leaves. Loose watercolouring is something I just can't do no matter how I try so I'm in awe of your abilities! Thanks for being a lovely link in our chain again, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The watercoloring on your leaf stems is just gorgeous Robyn - so pretty with the partial stenciling in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!! I like your background design and the watercolor leaves!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Robyn! Love the colouring on the die cut leaves and the hint of stencilling looks like the way light dapples through leafy branches - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really is so lovely and has a wonderful calming effect. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn