Sunday 26 February 2023

Thinking of You.....

Hi and how has February been at your place... creative hopefully..  I have been sharing my time with crochet and cards and our cat - Watson, who unfortunately was attacked by dogs and has had his rear leg removed... happy to report though, he has made an amazing recovery and now hopping about on his three legs...


My first card is for the Color Hues challenge TCH#58 - Lime Green and Cyan


This gorgeous piece from my stash - using Alcohol Inks on photographic paper was perfect.  Just added some black die cut leaves (Sizzix - Delicate Leaves and a sentiment (Happy Little Stampers - Dandelion Wishes), stamped in black and clear embossed.
My second card is adding to my growing Christmas stash - for the Peace on Earth challenge #34 inspired by the Mood Board ..  I've used the red and white colours with a touch of green


I dry embossed white card with a lovely EF from Chloe's Creative Cards, then again with white card and again with red and fussy cut the two main flowers and layered them over the base card.  Watercoloured the leaves, added some red marker and clear Crystal Drops to the berries and white Crystal Drops to the flower centres.
My final card is for the Christmas Stash builder challenge - Rudolph Days for February
I used this Embossing Folder (Sizzix - 3D Retro Ornaments) recently and love the results, so with this one I added glitter glue to the sanded raised areas


Thanks for popping over to my blog...  have a Wonderful Day,   Cheers Robyn

12 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous piece of alcohol ink and works perfectly with the black die cut, Robyn! The red poinsettias pop beautifully against all that white, and you've found another fantastic way to use the sanded ornaments. Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 3 are absolutely GORGEOUS Robyn, but I'm a little partial to the 1st card right now. Your background has that WOW factor and the simple addition of the black silhouette leaves and sentiment make this a beautiful and perfect card for The Color Hues Challenge...so glad you played along!! Your Christmas cards are both lovely too and YAY for a growing stash...always nice to be ahead come December!! So very sorry to hear about your kitty but glad he has improved and is learning to get around on his 3 legs! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Wow, all three are just fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three AMAZING cards Robyn. LOVE the gorgeous colours of your AI background ... so much flow and movement with the inks. Your Christmas card is so fresh and sweet with the painting over embossed images and die-cut poinsettias. And I love the added glitter to the sanded ornaments ... makes it glittery and very special. Great work, my friend! Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!! Poor Watson. I'm so happy he's ok. Your cards are wonderful! Your background for the CH challenge is beautiful but I'm also eyeing that lovely gold colored one. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic EF. Love how you make it sparkle. Thanks for playing with us at Rudolf Days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robyn. I'm so sorry I didn't mention Watson in my first message ... I'm a little scatter-brained at the moment. :) What a terrible thing to happen. I'm glad that Watson is doing OK and adjusting to a new way of life. Cuddles from me. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Watson! That is terrible!! As for your gorgeous cards. Your alcohol inked background for Color Hues is as pretty as can be. It has totally inspired me to pull those inks out very soon. Both your other Christmas cards are just incredible too. I so enjoyed this post and thanks for playing at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Three gorgeous cards Robyn. Especially the Christmas ones, I love them both.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of that lovely embossing folder. Sanding and glitter gluing the raised portions looks so pretty!
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again...forgot to say how sorry i was to hear of your poor cat's surgery. Glad to here that he is bussy getting about once again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word Robyn -- love your alcohol ink background. I am just starting to play around with alcohol inks. Your gold card knocked my socks off!! I just gotta make one of those cards. If I remember correctly, you have always made absolutely gorgeous Christmas cards!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn