Thursday 22 August 2024

Embossed cards

 This week is quickly getting away from me... but I have a couple of finished cards to share



My first card uses the technique from this months 
Group of Seven Cardmakers - Kaleidoscope    
AND   
 also using the prompt for Week 3 of Darnell's IDEAS calendar... Embossing Wet or Dry

I silver embossed a large floral stamp and watercoloured it with Distress Inks, then cut it into strips and rearranged the layout... then mounted them on thick card attached to a card and stamped and silver embossed the sentiment in the gap on the card base.


Now for some dry embossing...
A very quick Christmas card .... brayer red ink on the flat side of the embossing folder, placed in the white card (very carefully) and ran it through the Cuttlebug... only minutes..  but I need to practice my inking.


I enjoyed embossing and inking a card a few weeks back and I'm still playing with the effects you can get.  Embossed patterned paper and then blended over colour with Distress Oxide inks... finished with a stamped white embossed sentiment and a narrow layer onto a olive green card.


In front of the Olympics on tele I was busy adding a few more characters to my crochet toy bundle I'm going to donate to a good cause.


Thanks for stopping by my blog
have a Wonderful Day
Cheers Robyn

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Robyn - I must try the kaleidoscope technique - I am usually a month or two late when I try something the G7 put up!!
    Loving your Christmas card - the inky imperfections give it a light a 'sketchy' feel.
    Embossing and inking patterned paper - that is a new thought for me - love your result
    You put your Olympic game 'watching time' to great use - what a sweet bundle of toys
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little toys are adorable, Robyn! What a great way to do something creative and give to others while watching TV! And I love all of your card designs using embossing, wonderful inking, and your first Group of Seven Kaleidoscope design! The colors of your last card are really phenomenal! Thank you for playing with Go7 and my I.D.E.A.S. schedule this week!📌 Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your bevy of stuffed animals. What joy they will bring to those that receive them, Robyn. Your cards are beautiful. Great work with the Kaleidoscope technique and thanks for playing along with us at Gof7. Always appreciate you playing along. Your embossed cards are beautiful and I especially love the idea of embossing and inking patterned paper. Have never done that before!! Thanks for always inspiring, my friend. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn