Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Cards using die cut from my never ending stash pile

Two challenges this week, using die cuts as the theme

Darnell's Weekly IDEAS prompt... week 2 "D"  = Dies

Just Us Girls challenge #835 - Dies

For my first card I've used some pieces laying to the side on my desk...a few weeks back I was making cards with this die (Sizzix - Cut Out Leaves) and I decided I wanted the leaf shapes so left the die intact and used scissors to cut around the die giving me a stand alone leaf.  Then I used Distress Oxides to ink the leaves and did this over a white panel so I got a leaf shadow (sort of like using a stencil).  I liked it lots so today I used one leaf die to cut out and glued over a matched inked leaf then arranged my other leaves around and finished with a stamped sentiment.

My second card is made from bits too... this die cut is from a large die - I had trimmed the piece from one edge and into the stash it went.  Same with the background... can't even remember making it - it's on gloss card and I've no idea of the inks but the piece was just the right size for the die cut -- gave it a red cardstock border and finished with a stamped sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by my blog... have a super day and hope I can get back again this week with a Christmas card or two      Cheers Robyn

Here's a pic of my latest crochet knee rug to donate to Palliative Care

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn