Sunday 4 November 2018

Merry Christmas

Today I am playing along with CAS Christmas November challenge - Santa.  I have a couple of large Santa face stamps and so I thought to reduce the size.... I die cut a circle in paper (I use a thin metallic paper, it's great for stamping and sponging as it doesn't absorb the ink) and positioned the negative over my cream card panel and used brown ink to stamp the image, so he has a a nice trimmed off beard.  Then I used Distress Inks to lightly watercolour parts of the image.  I used a mix of silver and sparkly gold embossing powders with my stamped sentiment and to finish the card used a brown card layer onto a cream card.   Thanks for visiting and enjoy your weekend.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Santa face, Robyn! Your wartercoloring the image and the background with a light touch makes him look so gentle. Using the metallic die-cut circle negative as a mask is a clever idea to trim off his beard. Thanks for sharing the beautiful smile at CAS Christmas!
    Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn he's such a great Jolly Santa, I love how you made him a little small to fit nicely onto the card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas with this wonderful jolly Santa:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage-y looking Santa image, Robyn. Looks fantastic with your circle masking. Beautiful, soft colouring which is perfect for this image! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Santa, Robyn! I love the soft coloring that makes this look so vintage! Great idea to mask his beard so he would fit perfectly on this card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn