Friday 7 December 2018

Christmas is Love ....



Well our heat wave here in Townsville has eased a bit with a couple of overcast days and cooler low 30 temps and even some rain -- only with that comes the humidity but that is life here.  So I have a card today for CAS Mix Up December challenge - Emboss Resist.  I used a stencil and Versamark to create this emboss resist background... it was the second use of the stencil after attempting to get the ink through to emboss the stars..not successful but then I lay the inked stencil on white card and used white EP, heat set and then sponged Distress Inks over this and wiped off the excess ink....I thought it looked like a snowy starry sky.... only now I've taken the photo and the card is finished did I see that the stars are sideways... mmmm oh well, should've made a vertical card.  To finish I layered a die cut village, added some gold and silver paper behind the windows and a snow drift along the bottom and stamped on my sentiment. Thanks for visiting and enjoy your day

 Elements - Emboss Resist, stamping, die cuts

11 comments:

  1. Your card looks wonderful with the resist emboss technique and sure does look like a starry snowy sky...even with the stars sideways x You are not alone doing this! Love the cute idea of popping gold and silver behind the windows too x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used the negative of the stencil for heat-embossing - whether it was intentional or not, it's beautiful, Robyn! I love the contrast of the softly sponged sky with the crisp and pretty white die-cuts!
    Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  3. A technique I really want to try with my stencils. Beautiful sky Robyn so perfect for your street scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really stunning, Robyn! I love how your pretty blues and violets play so well with your bokeh photo backdrop! The stars, snowflakes, and village make a wonderful Christmas scene! I wouldn't have even noticed the sideway stars if you hadn't said! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous glittery night time sky with falling snowflakes, Robyn. I sure didn't notice the sideways heat embossed stars:-) Love your village with the foil behind the windows, snow drifts and sentiment. TFS your beauty and a very Merry Christmas. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BEAUTIFUL, Robyn! I LOVE that artsy sky. So pretty and very cold looking! I wouldn't have notice the stars were sideways except you said something. :) They look wonderful no matter what way they are facing. Love the little snow covered town with the shiny and glitter lights in the windows. Wonderful design, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your background, Robin! You are right, looks like frosted, and the stars have such a beautiful appearance. Your stars are not reversed, they are comets !! :-)
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a glorious snowy sky you created behind your lovely white village Robyn! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Robyn...sideways stars and all! I just LOVE how your background came out...SOOOO pretty! And the stark white of the village looks wonderful against that gorgeous sky!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you've used the stencil for emboss resist using the background! What a beautiful icy sky! Love the cozy little village with the warm glow in the windows too! Fantastic card, Robyn! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Robyn, love the village!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn