Thursday 3 January 2019

A stroll in the rain

It doesn't snow where I live, so I've chosen to make a rainy day card for the CAS Watercolour January challenge - Winter.
It helped that I had this panel of leftover Bokeh from the CAS Mix Up challenge and it looks cold and grey so I thought to turn it into a rainy scene.  I puddled some Weathered Wood DI on my sheet and lightly sprayed it with water and with a scrunched up piece of bubble wrap I swiped down from the top corner to make the rain. I stamped my lady with umbrella, coloured with markers and fussy cut it out. To give her a winter feel I added a scarf, boots and lengthened her dress.  Then to add a bit more interest I mixed silvery colour mist with water and using a fine paint brush added some streaks of rain and a puddle.  To finish I added a die cut black frame, stamped my sentiment and added some orange card to lift it, fix this in place with foam tape, also my lady.
Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it, happy card making

9 comments:

  1. Oh my sainted Aunt, Robyn, your rendition of a rainy day is spectacular!! What a clever girl you are! Pinning!! Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this is SOOOOO impressive Robyn! I can totally feel the Winter chills looking at this card and really love both the bokeh background and the rain streaks! FABULOUS card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible Robyn, the rain is perfect. wonderful bokeh background makes me think I'm looking through the window and seeing all that rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Robyn you've nailed the bokeh technique here. That rainy day looks awesome especially with the bright orange. Stunning!
    PS We are in deep trouble if you get snow at your house! You may just get that rain in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I discovered your blog and I am impressed by your cards, so I am going to follow you! This card is a beauty!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Robyn, this is so wintery! I love how you've done the lines that look like sleet falling and the Bokeh background that makes me think of looking through rain drops on the window! The bright umbrella brings a fun feeling to the whole card! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing design. Love how you've created your rainy day. So creative and clever! Beautiful bokeh sky and wonderful image. Love the pop of bright orange. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Robyn...your rainy Winter day is so beautifully created. I love how you used your Bokeh background and then added your rain technique, which was so creative. TFS your details for your rain. Would love if you added your card to our CAS Mix Up Bokeh Challenge too. Your lady with the bright umbrella and scarf is the perfect image for your rain. Thank you for Sharing, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn