Saturday 16 March 2019

Seasons Greetings




Today I have my version of Faux Stained Glass for the CAS Mix Up March challenge.
I saw where Bonnie one of the CAS Mix Up team had used an alcohol ink background for her lovely stained glass window... First I die cut this Christmas partridge and thought to put a panel behind it and use a shape to act as the window. Sso I set out to make a panel using alcohol inks using red, pink and yellow and a spritz of Colour Mist shine.  Then I wondered how Dimensional Magic would work on this panel, so I die cut a circle and spread the DM all over leaving a narrow edge and then carefully squooshed my die cut into the DM and let it dry.  It worked a treat, it's really glossy ... with only a few air pockets that I later touched up.  Next I die cut a smaller circle in my front panel and stamped and gold embossed my sentiment.  Assembled all the layers and then glued a second die cut in place over the top.  Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it - happy stamping.
Mix Up elements - stamping, heat embossing, die cuts, alcohol inks, Faux Stained Glass.
ps  I just noticed my pears are hanging sideways so there must be a breeze blowing....

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to make do the faux stained glass, Robyn. It worked really well and your die-cut just slid into place. Beautiful card with the gorgeous warm glow of the shades of orange. Funny about the pears ... it looks like it's a light breeze as they aren't swinging very far. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've made your stained glass window, Robyn! A very clever way to do your shine. I didn't notice the pears until you mentioned them. Better the partridge be straight than the pears, I think. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dimensional Magic works for me. Loving the warmth of those orange tones and the white delicate die cut on top really pops out. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious colours of alcohol inks and your version of the stained glass effect looks stunning....Loving the swinging pears too ....LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, vibrant, and super-glossy Alcohol Ink faux stained glass, Robyn! I've never used Dimensional Magic, but it sure worked like "Magic" with your card. The white die-cut looks simply beautiful against the background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn