Wednesday 7 August 2019

Hi, Gorgeous


August CAS Mix Up challenge would like us to re-use our mopping up paper towels - with all that yummy ink just waiting for a light water spritz and then using it to stamp the colour onto card... I had some nice bright DO mop up and pressed this onto watercolour paper - I didn't get too much pattern from the paper towel but the texture on the WC paper worked beautifully.  I used this as a background panel for my silvery die cut window and arranged around this, some stamped solid flowers (fussy cut), die cut leaves and my "hi" die cut sentiment.  I used foam tape to attach this and finished off with a stamped sentiment and chose to use  a grey card.
I am also playing along with STAMPplorations CUTplorations Summer 2019 challenge - I used part of the You Are My Sunshine die... for the 'Hi'


Elements... Paper towel technique, stamping, die cuts, fussy cutting
 

8 comments:

  1. Love this background and that elegant silver frame, Robyn! The bright flowers are so cheerful and pretty! I'm impressed with your fussy cutting! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card Robyn!! So wonderful with a lot of amazing elements. Your paper towel transfer worked so well and makes a gorgeous background for your framed cascading flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card with a wonderful design. The towel technique looks unique and beautiful. Love this beautiful card Robyn x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Robyn. Love the softness of the paper towel. It is 'gorgeous'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you achieved the texture on the background, your silver frame and all those fussy cut flowers. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well hello hi to you too Lol! Another great result with the technique and a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Robyn! The way the colors were transferred on the wc paper is so beautiful, and I love how you used the silver frame window with the sentiments and the pretty flowers (great fussy-cutting)! Great design!
    I'm so glad to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery. Thanks!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I love the special approach to this beauty. The paper towel transfer came out superbly. But I especially love that pop of colour on the small frame. Truly a special card, thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn