Thursday 23 April 2020

Baby, it's Cold Outside

Can you imagine you're looking through a window to the chilly scene outside....while you stay warm inside... well that's what I've tried to capture for the song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" sung by Dean Martin.   So today I'm sharing my card for the CAS Christmas April challenge - Christmas Song.


I cut a snow slope and masked off an area with post-it notes on a white panel and using blending brushes added in blue Distress Oxide ink to create the sky and slope.  I lightly spritzed this with water...I love how it adds effect to the sky.  Then I left the slope mask in place and stamped on my tree with green Distress Ink.  Next I used dilute bleach to paint in my snowman and added a few snow flakes as well.  I used markers to add detail to the snowman and grey DI to add shadows to the tree and white gel pen for snow on the branches.
To finish I die cut the stitched frame and used foam tape to 'lift' it from the background, and finally stamped the sentiment and attached it with foam tape too.


Thanks for stopping by my blog  ----  have a Happy Day and Stay Safe



Card Recipe 
Stamps: Kaisercraft - Frosted (tree), Hunky Dory Crafts - Winter Warmers (sentiment)
Dies: Poppy Crafts - Stitched  flag tails
Inks: Distress Oxide - Salty ocean, Distress Ink - Forest moss, Hickory smoke, Versamark - black
Other: markers white gelpe

3 comments:

  1. I am familiar with that song, Robyn, and I love your chilly scene with the pretty snowy sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scene to match the song Robyn, love your images :) Thanks for playing along with CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I LOVE your winter scene Robyn. That is such a cute snowman ... and I love the soft blue sky with falling snow. Great song!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn