Tuesday 28 April 2020

Thinking of You

Anzac Badge | Anzac day, Anzac, Military tattoosIt was certainly a very different ANZAC day here in Australia, but so very special and lvoely to see so many joining in the dawn celebrations from their driveways... Thank you to all the service men and women who serve our country in so many ways both past and present -- this also includes the home servicemen of the police, fire and medical.




The red poppy is an ANZAC memento and today I've made a card featuring these.
I stamped the image a number of times to use as a foreground on the bottom edge ... I used Antique linen Distress Ink and watercoloured the image with DIs as well  ... each stamping I left in place in the Misti so I could over stamp it with a darker ink to capture the details.  Then I gave the background a green water wash and added abstract detail in green and red to represent a poppy field.
I attempted a morning sun-up sky line with a water wash too.
To finish I added a white frame on a green card and a stamped sentiment, which I fussy cut.


I am playing along with Fusion challenge - Let Us Remember. - I was inspired by the fabulous photo this challenge.
Thanks for stopping by my blog  ---   have a Happy Day and Stay Safe

Card Recipe 
Stamps:  Power Poppy - Poppies, Impression Obsession - Anytime sentiments
Dies:  Spellbinder nesting rectangles
Inks:  Versafine - black,  Distress Inks - Shabby shutters, Peeled paint, Ripe persimmon, Barn door, Mustard seed, Salty ocean, Antique linen, Walnut stain
Other:

4 comments:

  1. WOW what a stunning card Robyn - loving your scene, and a great interpretation of the challenge photo.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful field of poppies, Robyn! You have created a wonderful scene and tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I really like the poppy field you created in the background. Thanks for sharing this over at The Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn