Monday 13 April 2020

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I thought today we might need a little chuckle to lift our spirits   ---  hope you're keeping safe and well

I used a background from my try out stash.... I'm pretty sure I used Distress Inks to mask off and sponge over two blues for the sky then stamped the trees in greens with the mask still in place.
Today I stamped on my deer and added some detail with pencil and also used white gel pen to add snow and some glitter glue on the trees (which you can't see).  I also had this snowflake frame in my Christmas stash and trimmed the scene to fit and this looked a bit unfinished so I die cut a stitched frame to lay on top.... I used foam sheet to frame and snowflakes to give some depth dimension and the to finish added the stamped sentiment label.


I am playing along with Christmas Kickstart challenge #30 - Create a Scene
Thanks for stopping by my blog   ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe



Card Recipe 
Stamps: Kaisercraft - Frosted (trees),  Sentimentally Yours - Silhouette Scenes (deer), magazine freebie - Winter Wonderland (sentiment)
Dies: Dies by Chloe - Snowflake frame, Poppy Crafts - double stitched nesting squares
Inks: Distress Inks - blues and greens, Versafine - black
Other: white gel pen, glitter glue

7 comments:

  1. Oh Robyn, this is lovely! Such a sweet scene and a gorgeous frame too. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic made me laugh! Lovely winter scene Robyn. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Robyn and makes me think I'd like Winter, but I live in Michigan and know the truth...hahahaha!! Seriously though, your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and I'm loving all the layers and framing...a lovely, lovely Winter Wonderland scene!! Really liked your little chuckle picture too! Take care. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty Winter scene, Robyn! Love the snowflake frame and how the foam creates wonderful dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this beautiful sene that you creatd. The snowflake frame die is perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That did make me laugh! Your card is a stunner Robyn... I love everything about this... Beautiful! Sending happy thoughts and good wishes your way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how gorgeous does that snowflake frame look. Totally gorgeous card Robyn! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn