Saturday 11 April 2020

Thinking of You

Grab our badgeBig congratulations this week to the team at JUST ADD INK   Celebrating their 500th Challenge post.... What a wonderful achievement - I believe over 10 years of fabulous inspiration.  You should pop over to their blog and join in the Blog Hop, to see the fabulous cards from the team.

I got a new set of dies a couple months back and immediately die cut a few of the wildflower stems.... days later I saw these three stems in my round to it pile and decided to try blending ink to just the flower heads... I liked it and there on my desk also was this butterfly PP that didn't suit another card I was putting together - I teamed them up and used a cream fine border and a light brown card.  This has been also sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks until today... I decided that a simple die cut sentiment would finish it off nicely.... chose to used pale metallic gold card for this.



During these trying times with isolation and social distancing I thought (along with other card makers) that I should send off cards to friends to keep in touch.
I am playing along with Just Add Ink challenge #500 - Add a Die Cut Word   ...   AND   ....  Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge #375.  Thanks for stopping by my blog  ---  have a Happy Day and Stay Safe

Snippets Playground Badge

Card Recipe 
Stamps: 
Dies: Sizzix -Wildflower Stems, Sizzix - Celebration words, script
Inks: Distress Oxides - Wild honey, Spiced marmalade
Other: Patterned paper, Gold metallic card

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Robyn!love all the gold touches too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pretty flowers, Robyn! The gold sentiment pairs with them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn, your card has turned out beautifully. I love those wildflowers! Thanks for joining our 500th challenge over at Just Add Ink - it's always lovely to see you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fabulous to be able to use items on your desk to make a new card, Robyn! The ink blending over the flowers is so mesmerising and balanced beautifully by your gold die cut word. Thank you for all the many lovely entries over the years and for joining us this week in our 500th challenge at JAI.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely way to you the die cuts from your pre-cut pile. I love the pale gold sentiment. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of the background paper with the die cut flowers and words. So subtle and lovely. Glad you could play along with our 500th challenge at Just Add Ink and thanks for your lovely comment on my blog too.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Robyn - I love it! Very elegant - love those dies too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn