Wednesday 2 September 2020

Just for You

Badge GrabMy card for the August CCC challenge went off to Arlene in the USA... it's probably still floating over by raft but eventually it'll arrive.


I recently found these square metallic cards on a mark down table and cut the front off one card, trimmed  it to size and die cut the four corners.. then used the cutouts in an embossing folder ti impress a design and did some 'paper piecing' replacing them into the corners... as per the sketch suggestion for this months challenge. Then I stamped the image in grey ink and painted on a Distress Ink wash green and orange before adding some detail with coloured pencils.... I added some black with fine marker and white highlights with gel pen.... finally I traced a circle around the image and hand cut it (no die big enough in my stash) and using Versamark and silver embossing powder to blend the sharp white edge with the background.


Thanks for stopping  by my blog   ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe.

       

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Chocolate Baroque - Floral and Fauna,  Altenew - Layered Poppy - sentiment
Dies: Spellbinders - square nesting dies
Inks: Versamark, Versafine- smokey grey, Distress Inks - Peacock feathers, Carved pumpkin
Other:  EZCut embossing folder, silver embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea for the corners, it looks great on that metallic card, I love that silver embossed ring round your circle to, it adds a little bit of something special. I see I am going to be receiving one of your wonderful cards in the September CCC. I have got to get my thinking cap on and come up with my card. There was a time when I had my card ready in plenty of time. Don't seem to manage that anymore, don't know why! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've done the corners and the bright flowers, Robyn! I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Robyn - just love your take on the sketch! The impressed and inlaid corners look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn