Tuesday 15 September 2020

Two cards featuring Trees.


Two more cards finished today.... for the Twofer Card Challenge #31 - Trees.
I used a small tree die on my cards... creating 
both conventional and non-conventional cards





For my first card I used a hot glue and Brushos background from my stash and then die cut four trees from different shades of green card and arranged these on the panel and frame this with a narrow green border.  I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment on a cream card and attached the panel with foam sheet.


Edit... a few have commented on the hot glue technique... I had tried this a few different ways with a friend who swaps ATCs with me....
here is the link ----  but with no re-inkers I used Brushos instead and a toothpick and small amounts of powder.
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/hotglueembossing/


For my non-conventional card I die cut a stack of the trees on white card and used tape to hold the little pieces in place.  Used Distress Oxide inks to colour up the petals and leaves and some hand trimmed card for stems.  I found a blue background piece in my stash (unsure how this was made) and as this was a narrow piece I trimmed white card to use as a card base and then arranged the 'tree petals' to form a flower, bud and leaves. To finish I stamped and white embossed the sentiment on dark blue card and added a gem to the flower centre.



Thanks for stopping by my blog   ---  have a Happy Day and stay safe

Card Recipe 1
Stamps:   Close to the Heart - Beloved Bouquet
Dies: set of three trees - unknown
Inks:  Versafine - black
Other:   clear embossing powder, foam sheet

Card Recipe 2
Stamps: Happy Little Stampers - Fun Birthday Sentiments
Dies: set of three trees - unknown
Inks: Distress Oxide - Squeezed lemonade, Fossilised amber, Twisted citron, Peeled paint, Versamark
Other:   white embossing powder, gem

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful Brusho background using the glue. Very clever to use the tree die as a leaf for your lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome out of the box thinking. Two lovely cards. The flower is fab. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have forgotten, Robyn, but I don't recall ever seeing hot glue drops as part of a card design and I love the effect of it dripping down that gorgeous Brusho background! The little forest of trees in the foreground and the frame finish the design beautifully. And how clever to use those cute little trees as petals and a bud and a leaf on your second design! Sensational colors! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #31! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. OoooooOOO those inky backgrounds! I absolutely adore how drippy that green card turned out at the hot glue gun drops had me puzzling how you did it until I read the description. Inventive and lovely all in one make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I've never seen dripping glue as part of a background before either, but I absolutely LOVE it Robyn! I love all the water colored Brusho colors with the trees in the foreground too! And your flower card using the trees as petals and stems is so cool! You really aced this challenge Robyn...love them both!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dripping glue is cool...did you have to use a special kind? Seems like my glue sticks are all a bit cloudy when dry. Hmmm something to contemplate. Clearly I am intrigues by your first tree card. And I love the change up to use the trees as leaves and petals on your second card .... nice unconventional twist. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge #31.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with these trees, Robyn! Love the Brusho background with the rainy looking drips! They mad a magnificent flower! So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Robyn what amazing cards - such a unique way to use the tree as flower petals.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Robyn. Love the hot glue and Brusho effect, looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards, Robyn! That hot glue technique is amazing, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab Twofer, Robyn - just love the little leaf die and how you used it on both cards! Wow - the background on card one looks amazing (cool hot glue technique - thanks for the link) and I love the flower you created for card two!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn