Tuesday 27 October 2020

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

So I've been busy finishing off mums knee rug and card this week as I need to get them in the post early as the mail is crazy slow here.  This is a corner to corner gingham crochet rug and the card is very similar to one I made recently for a friend - I loved it so much and mum loves her roses


Last month I had this lovely swirly holly stamp out and stamped it a few times in different inks/embossing on a variety of coloured card... 
I stamped this one in green ink and then while it was still in place in the Misti, added Versamark ink to the swirls and lightly to the leaves and then heat embossed this in gold.... I like how the green shows through.  Stamped and gold embossed the sentiment and sponged Old Paper DI to break to stark whiteness and to finish attached to a green card and added red gems to the holly berries.


I am playing along with Rudolph Days October challenge...
Thanks for stopping by my blog   ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe.

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Chocolate Baroque - Christmas Flourish, Stamp-It - Christmas
Dies: 
Inks: Versamark, Versacolour - Green Tea, Distress Ink - Old Paper
Other:  gold embossing powder, red gems

9 comments:

  1. Oooo what a stunning CAS traditional Xmas card and thanks for joining us at Octobers Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

    You have made your mum a gorgeous card and lap rug for big Birthday too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is absolutely gorgeous!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous holly card - great technique - very effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as I saw this card I recognised the gorgeous flourish from Chocolate Baroque, I love it. Thank you for joining the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card and gift for your mu... And then a stunning Christmas card too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that yellow rose and cozy blanket! I'm sure your Mum is loving them! That holly stamp is amazing! I might have to look for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous yellow roses card for your mum! And lovely blanket as well. Am loving the Christmas card. So elegant with the shine from the gold embossing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Love the look of your double embossing. The gold is wonderful as the top layer!

    Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have no idea
    how much I love this card!
    Sandy xx (comment #2)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn