Tuesday 13 October 2020

Vase of Flowers






Ok ladies... are you up for a new challenge...  our creative friends Gail and Jo have thought it's time to make use of those EMBOSSING FOLDERS we have that rarely see light of day, so they're challenging us to "SQUASH THEM"..... go ladies, it's a great idea




Once I decided which geometric design from my stash of EF to use, along with the fact that I didn't want to use the embossing as a background, I decided on a vase of flowers.  My embossing folder (Cuttlebug A2 Border Pop Culture) is a narrow border one - so first I die cut my vase in light aqua blue metallic card using part of a label die, then I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the EF to create a border pattern... added a row to the base too.  Then from my huge stash of splotched and smooched papers I die cut a number of green leafy bits and flower pieces and arranged all these in the vase on a white card panel... to finish I used foam sheet to mount it to a white card.


EDIT - these are the items I used - die label for the vase and border strip embossing folder.


So why don't you join me and have some fun at Let's Squash It challenge #1 - Geometric and Metallic
Thanks for stopping by my blog   ---   have a Happy Day and stay safe


Card Recipe 
Stamps: 
Dies: Sizzix - Funky Floral #2, Die-namics - Labels, Kaisercraft - Vines
Inks: 
Other: Cuttlebug A2 Border Pop Culture Embossing Folder, Metallic card


5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fabulous take on the theme, Robyn! Your card looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining Gail and me for our very first challenge at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cool Robyn. Love the way you used the border multiple times and very gorgeous colour metal vase. Love this. You are always so inventive with your cards. Thanks for joining the fun at the Let's Squash It! Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to pop over to see how you made this. Clever idea. I just went with a rectangle ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a gorgeous vase for your beautiful flowers, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous bouquet in the metallic vase, Robyn!! Just love the embossed details on the vase!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn