Sunday 8 November 2020

Joy

For a smile this afternoon I'm sharing another of my Zygote flowers... I love this colour...  And I'm back with a card for the CAS Christmas November challenge - Non Traditional Colours... I've chosen aqua/teal with gold.


For the tree background I blended two shades of blue Distress Inks on white card and when this was dry stamped the swirly tree and embossed with gold EP.  On a white panel I used a non-matching Christmas tree to die cut an opening and ran the corner through the Cuttlebug with a swirl design... it ended up being on the reverse side but I didn't mind.  I attached the stamped piece behind the cutout and then used a teal coloured card to create a thin border and attached a white card.  To finish I added a die cut 'Joy' from old gold coloured card  and white Nuvo drops on the tree.


Thanks for stopping by my blog   --  have a Happy Day and stay safe.

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Unknown magazine freebie - tree
Dies: Poppy Stamps - Swirled Joy,  Unknown - tree
Inks: Versamark, Distress Ink - tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon
Other:  Embossing Folder Unknown Magazine Freebie, gold embossing powder, white Nuvo Crystal Drops

6 comments:

  1. Love this gold embossing in the cut out, Robyn! Wonderful use on non-traditional colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful non-traditional colour Christmas card. The gold is shimmery and beautiful. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn the gold embossing on turquoise is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the colour of your gorgeous flower, Robyn. I have never heard of Zygote flowers. And beautiful card with the dry embossing and the gorgeous turquoise tree with gold design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The teal and gold combination is so pretty, Robyn! Using a die-cut opening for the tree is a great idea. The swirl impression is subtle and elegant!
    So happy to see your card in the CAS Christmas gallery. Thank you so much!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with the embossed detail through the tree window, Robyn - love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn