Wednesday 10 March 2021

Let's Squash It !! challenge #6 --- Embossed Gift Box


I am honoured this month to be the Guest Designer for
 Let's Squash It!! .....  

And for the March challenge Gail and Jo would like to see 
a Floral Embossing Folder and a box...  
which you could make yourself or otherwise you could upcycle a box, the options are endless










I just love to construct boxes - so I sorted through my embossing folders and found this lovely floral square one which is about 13x13cm or 5x5inches.  Next thing I know I've chosen some pink card with a white core and through the Cuttlebug it went.... and then with the fine sand paper I lightly exposed the white core of the EF design.  Next I measured up some thick card and cut the box shapes - twice --- I covered the bottom of the box with a pink floral paper and the top with a paler pink


These are the pieces cut ready to assemble














I used the thick card as a spacer to help with the box construction







When I had the top of the box made - it looked way too pink so I added a white border and then after more rummaging in the embossing folders, found a long narrow one that I could use for the sides.



I decided the box didn't need any more adornment.... just a plain box

AND THEN...   I couldn't stop ... and made another..  A hexagonal gift box with matching tag -- with embossed panels on the sides that I lightly coloured with Distress Oxide ink - Salty Ocean.

 

Pattern and instructions for the Hexagon Gift Box... 
https://mixedupcraft.com/2017/04/19/large-hexagon-gift-box/





I do hope you have been inspired to decorate a box with your floral EF and that you'll share with the group at Let's Squash It!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I really appreciate it...  have a Wonderful Creative day, Cheers



Card Recipe 
Embossing Folder - Australian Simply Cards - Floral Flutter
narrow EF - magazine freebie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, so happy to have you as our guest at Let's Squash It! I love your boxes - they look fab. Big hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great projects !!!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS boxes Robyn...love them both!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I though it was real wood and then the more I studied it I could tell how it opened. Is there anything you can't or won't do? Both boxes are amazing especially since I have never made one.
    Hope all is well "down under"
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What awesome boxes, Robyn! Love the embossed top and sides of the pink box and the blue box has such an amazing fold! Congratulations on being Guest Designer at Let's Squash it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your boxes, Robyn but especially the rose colored one - so amazing, looks like carved wood!! Congrats on being guest designer at Squash It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous Robyn, beautifully constructed and the embossing adds such a perfectly elegant finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn