Wednesday 5 May 2021

Hello


Well I thought immediately of the rainbow colours of those Kaleidacolour pads that were the rage many years ago and wondered if there was enough 'juice' in my old pads ..  not too bad
So my 'blending' is really what you can achieve with a brayer... and I started out thinking to brayer through the stencil, using both pads so I could get a rainbow  -- no success at all - BUT - there was heaps of ink on the stencil, so I quickly placed my watercolour card panel on top and pressed firmly... a sneak look and I needed to lightly spritz with water... and whoopie it worked....the texture of the card doesn't give a smooth blend but you do get a cool outline of the stencil design.   To finish I trimmed the panel and from my stash found this 'Hello' die cut (kindly sent from a friend) in metallic card, so found some matching card to give the panel a frame.  Hope this is CAS enough --  I find it terribly hard to trim a panel when the whole thing is just lovely.


Thanks for visiting.... have a Wonderful Creative day  - Cheers

Card Recipe 
Stamps: 
Dies:  Altenew - Simply Hello
Inks:  Kaleidacolor - Birthstone and Melon Melody
Other:  Tim Holtz - Flourish Layering Stencil, brayer

7 comments:

  1. I love this stencil and your rainbow colors worked great as a monoprint! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using you stencil to apply the ink was very effective...this looks really gorgeous. I love the textural look of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I like the sort of distressed look of your stencil print! Pretty rainbow colors. I'd say this worked out beautifully! Thanks for playing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to make this a stencil monoprint Robyn! The colours are so pretty with this flourish stencil! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn you achieved amazing results with your monoprint stencil design and a beautiful rainbow of colour. Thanks for playing at CAS Mix Up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh..what an awesome save Robyn to get a monoprint out of your background. So pleased you did not give up and joined us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello back at cha Robyn. This is beautiful!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn